PENTAX K-S1 - Description
Advanced functions capture light with complete freedom for a satisfying shot.
The light interface "Indicator Lamps" intuitively guides operations.
Prepare yourself for a new style of expression where you can hold light in your hand. Introducing the PENTAX K-S1.
Resolution and moiré reduction, two uses in one
Anti-Aliasing Filter Simulator
The low-pass filterless design maximizes resolution from the CMOS image sensor. This model is also equipped with the PENTAX-original Anti-Aliasing Filter Simulator function which reduces moiré that occurs due to tiny drive operations of the sensor. Two merits are obtained from this one unit.
* Sufficient effects are obtained when shooting at shutter speeds slower than 1/1000 sec. Also, this function cannot be used when taking "HDR" photos.
Light communicates camera status
The Indicator Lamps use LED to display camera status. This use of light provides intuitive camera control. The design floats like a light display for a unique sense of presence.
Green for still images, and red for movies
The 5 lights in a line display a countdown for Face Detection, Remote Control, and Self-timer.
The currently set mode appears in green. When shutter release is available, the OK button is lit in blue.
High sensitivity is a powerful ally in dark scenes
With the new CMOS image sensor and Prime M II image processor, high sensitivity of ISO 51200 is achieved. This feature shows its true ability when shooting in dark scenes that were not possible with previous cameras.
Easy to understand displays support operation
New GUI(Graphical User Interface)
A new GUI design is used so setting content for each function can be understood at a glance.
Moving explanations and easy-to-understand displays make controls easier.
Approx. 0.95x* high magnification
Optical viewfinder with approx. 100% field of view
A glass prism finder is used with the same specs as those found on PENTAX high end cameras. With the large, easy to use viewfinder with an approximate 100% field of view and approximate 0.95x magnification (viewfinder magnification), focusing and composing shots are easier, letting you focus on the subject.
A fusion of innovation and tradition
New concept design
The main body unit portrays a sharp and advanced feel, whereas the light path that contains the traditional pentaprism is very much like an authentic SLR. By combining two differing shapes into a new concept design, a compact, lightweight camera that fits in the palm of the hand is created.
- Approx. 20.12 effective megapixels
- In-camera image stabilization mechanism SR
- 1/6000 sec. high-speed shutter
- Approx. 5.4 fps high-speed continuous shooting
- High-precision AF from SAFOX IX i+
- Full-featured lens correction including diffraction correction
- Effects Mode provides creative options for putting finishing touches on photos
- Full HD movies with stereo audio
- High-definition, 3:2 aspect ratio 3.0 inch LCD monitor
- Compatible with Flucard for PENTAX and Eye-Fi cards