HD PENTAX-D FA 15-30mm F2.8 ED SDM WR - Overview
- 35mm Full-frame image sensor compatible
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass optical elements and aspherical optical elements to deliver high-resolution images rich in contrast
- Bright lens thank to constant F2.8 aperture
- Quiet and fast Supersonic Direct-drive Motor (SDM) to capture subjects in motion
- Weather-resistant construction against humidity and dust
- HD coating to optimize light transmittance and minimize reflection
- Rounded diaphragm to produce a beautiful bokeh
- Quick-Shift Focus System to instantly change the AF mode to MF by twisting the focus ring
- SP (Super Protect) Coating applied to the front surface of the lens to effectively repel water and grease
A large-aperture, ultra-wide-angle zoom lens for use with PENTAX K-mount digital SLR cameras, providing sharp, high-resolution images.
When mounted on the PENTAX K-1 35mm full-frame digital SLR camera body, this zoom lens covers a focal-length range from 15mm ultra-wide-angle to 30mm wide-angle.* Thanks to its exaggerated perspective typical of an ultra-wide-angle lens and high-resolution imaging power, it captures dynamic, sweeping views of subjects, especially in landscape photography. Treated with the PENTAX-developed HD Coating, it produces well-defined, fine-detailed images with ample light levels even at the edges of the image field, while effectively reducing chromatic aberration, distortion and coma to a minimum. Its large F2.8 maximum aperture also comes in handy for photographing nightscapes and starry skies. The built-in SDM (Supersonic Direct-drive Motor) provides quiet, high-speed autofocus operation.
* When mounted on a PENTAX APS-C-size digital SLR camera body, this zoom lens covers a focal-length range from 23mm to 46mm.
Exceptional imaging power
When mounted on the PENTAX K-1 35mm full-frame digital SLR camera body, this zoom lens provides an ultra-wide-angle focal-length coverage from 15mm to 30mm. Its exaggerated perspective helps the photographer produce spectacular images in landscape photography. Since it provides a 30mm focal length at the telephoto end, it can also be used for such casual applications as snapshots.
State-of-the-art optical design
This zoom lens incorporates three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass optical elements and three aspherical optical elements in its 18-element, 13-group optics, to deliver high-resolution images rich in contrast even at the edges of the image field, while effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, distortion and coma.