08 Wide Zoom 3.8mm-5.9mm F3.7-F4 - Overview
- Super-compact, ultra-lightweight design
- Equivalent from 17.5mm to 27mm in the 35mm
- Molded-glass Dual Super Aspherical element to reduce distortion
- 2 Extra-low Dispersion glass elements and 1 super-low-dispersion glass element
- Inner-focus mechanism for high-speed, low-noise AF operation
- Quick-Shift Focus system
Introduced as the newest model of the high-performance Q-mount lens series, this lens is the world’s smallest, lightest ultra-wide-angle zoom lens currently on the market.* When mounted on the PENTAX Q7 camera body, it provides focal-length coverage from 17.5mm to 27mm (in the 35mm format), making it useful for a wide variety of subjects including snapshots, architecture and sweeping landscapes.
* The world’s smallest, lightest ultra-wide-angle zoom lens with a focal length of 20mm (in the 35mm format) or shorter at its wide-angle end, as of November 1, 2013 (based on RICOH IMAGING research).
Super-compact, ultra-lightweight design
Thanks to the incorporation of three molded-glass aspherical elements in its optics, this zoom lens has the shortest overall length (approximately 38 millimeters) among the Q-mount zoom lenses, and features a super-compact body weighing a mere 75 grams. With its pocket size and unique focal-length coverage from 17.5mm to 27mm in the 35mm format (with a Q7 camera body), it can be used for a wide range of subjects and applications — especially for the shooting at confined space where the subject stands close to the camera, and for scenic photography with exaggerated perspectives. Its machined-aluminum barrel cam assures smooth, comfortable zooming operation.
Exceptional visual description
Thanks to the incorporation of a molded-glass DSA (Dual Super Aspherical) element in the first optical group, this lens reduces distortion to a minimum. Also, by incorporating two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements and one super-low-dispersion glass element in its optics, it delivers clear, high-resolution images with edge-to-edge sharpness, while effectively compensating for chromatic aberration over the entire zoom range.
- Inner-focus mechanism for high-speed, low-noise AF operation.
- Quick-Shift Focus system for instant switching to manual-focus operation after the subject is captured in focus by the camera’s AF system.
- SP (Super Protect) coating to keep the front surface free of dust and stains.
- Built-in lens shutter equipped with an ND (neutral density) filter and an iris diaphragm.